Sandra Edmond is a full-time real estate investor, and her experience in the area of tax delinquent properties landed her a front-page article in the Orlando Business Journal. She has also been featured in Seminole Woman Magazine. Edmond is known primarily for buying and selling land, as well as homes. It started in 2004, when Edmond began investing in real estate through her company Ardnas, Inc. Like most investors, she read Robert Kiyosaki’s book, Rich Dad Poor Dad. The only difference was, however, that she didn’t believe you could do what they talked about in the book — and was determined to prove it could not be done. Well, she found out the opposite was true.
Click Here for a Private Phone Consultation with Sandra!
Soon thereafter, Edmond started out wholesaling ugly vacant homes and, around the same time, began buying and selling tax deeds. In 2013 she got her real estate license and later became a Licensed Real Estate Broker Associate with Matrix International Realty . In 2013 & 2014 Sandra lead one of the largest real estate investor associations in the country, the Central Florida Realty Investors Association as President.
[testimonial1 author=”Sharon J.”]“Our biggest issue is that we are non-resident aliens, and having someone on the ground with local knowledge was invaluable to us. Our investment portfolio is diverse and extensive and the total quantum is insubstantial, however, it was a profitable transaction. I found Sandra to be personable and well connected with good networks to tap into. As non-resident aliens, our reservations were many. Sandra’s business ethics are well aligned with our own, and so we found the transaction to be relatively without concern. I would recommend Sandra’s services. In Sandra, I found someone I like and trust and despite whether we are doing our business or not, would like to think I have made a friend.”[/testimonial1]
Prior to her career in real estate, Edmond was a television news reporter for West Palm Beach’s WPBF-Channel 25, Fort Myers’ WINK-Channel 11 and Tallahassee’s WTXL-Channel 27, where she was a fill-in anchor and a reporter. Edmond credits her investigative and research skills — along with a healthy dose of tenacity she developed as a news reporter — for her success in real estate.
Edmond was born in Jersey City, N.J. and grew up in Plainfield, N.J. and Port St. Lucie, Fla. She has lived in Florida for most of her life and is a graduate of the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor’s degree in Radio-Television. Edmond’s career in real estate started after working almost 10 years in the television news business.
She has never let hard work stand in her way. While at WESH-Channel 2 in Orlando, Edmond spent a year and a half working the overnight shift. At the time, she was living in Orlando and would leave home at 1:30 a.m. for an hour’s drive to Daytona Beach, where she would work on the program’s morning show. In 1998, her hard work paid off when she was selected as one of 10 finalists from more than 100 applicants for a prestigious broadcast training program sponsored by ABC News. The Minorities in Broadcast Training Program launched her on-air career with a job in Fort Myers, Fla. as an on-air news reporter trainee at WINK-Channel 11. Edmond worked two part-time jobs while she was in Fort Myers, in addition to her job at WINK.
Less than three months before the end of her training program, Edmond landed a job in Florida’s capital, Tallahassee, at WTXL-Channel 27. As the station’s crime reporter, Edmond worked closely with law enforcement and the court system. As a senior reporter, she spent time behind the anchor desk, filling in for the station’s main anchors and on the weekends.
Edmond also covered the highly contested 2000 national Presidential election that put Tallahassee in the spotlight, as both sides battled it out in the state’s court system. Edmond has covered numerous politicians, including President Bill Clinton, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, Governors Jeb Bush and Charlie Crist, celebrities like Sharon Stone and athletes like Derek Jeter.
Current Professional Experience
Since 2004, Sandra Edmond and Ardnas have bought and sold properties in almost half the state of Florida. One of the most unique selling strategies Ardnas, Inc. uses has been through eBay. In 2006, Edmond became an “eBay Power Seller” — one of the highest levels of selling — as a result of the real estate she has sold through eBay. Edmond’s expertise is buying homes at auctions for delinquent taxes. She attends auctions each month throughout the state of Florida.
One of her buying strategies is to joint venture with other investors to acquire the properties. Many of her JV partners like her business model because she does all the work and they do not have to be involved if they are not interested in participating in the transaction. Edmond also has experience working with international JV partners; some of which are one the other side of globe, so her company has no problem reaching the far corners of the Earth.
Ardnas, Inc. is very proud of its turn-around time, which can be up to 3-4 months or less. The average return on investment can be over 35 to 40 percent. Since Edmond is an expert in this field, she also teaches classes to hundreds of people each year how to buy tax deeds and tax liens. Her first class broke a nighttime attendance record of 103 attendees. Edmond also conducts a two-day boot camp and takes investors to a live auction, demonstrating how to do the research at the courthouse and on the computer.
Edmond has also authored a two-book manual that takes readers through an in-depth look at buying tax deeds and tax liens. She also publishes a monthly newsletter called the Queen of Tax Deeds. In 2013 she got her real estate license and later became a Licensed Real Estate Broker Associate with Matrix International Realty. In 2013 & 2014 Sandra lead one of the largest real estate investor association in the country, the Central Florida Realty Investors Association as President.
In addition to real estate, Sandra Edmond is part of a team that helps people relocate unclaimed assets. Although it’s not real estate, it has become a small passion of hers. The greatest difficulty is finding the people in time. Often times the assets expire on a particular date. The assets are so hard to find that Edmond often works with private investigators and special databases to reunite the assets with their owners. Helping people and traveling are some of her passions.
(2008-Present) Various Tax Deed & Lien classes
- ORL-660 AM: “The Real Estate Investor Radio Show”; guest speaker
- WSBR-740 AM, Boca Raton, Fla: “The Genius Loan Show”; guest
- Orlando Business Journal, quoted in an article on tax lien certificates
- Central Florida Realty Investors Association, various articles published in its newsletter
- NewsTalk Radio WIOD 610AM
- Space Coast Real Estate Show
- Investors and Realtors Working Together Expert Panel. Edmond was one of five experts on the panel, which spoke to dozens of real estate agents in Brevard and Orange counties over a six-month period
- CFRI’s Deal of the Month 2008, 2010, 2012. Edmond was recognized among her peers for completing very profitable real estate transactions
- CFRI’s Business Automation Panel, April 2010
- University of Central Florida; B.A. in Radio/Television, with a concentration in Interpersonal Communications
- Received Nationally acclaimed Professional Housing Provider Certification offered by The National Real Estate Investors Association (NREIA), designed to recognize a high level of knowledge and professional among the designation holders.
- WESH-CH 2 in Orlando, Fla. as a news production assistant
- WINK-CH 11 in Fort Myers, Fla. as a news reporter trainee
- WTXL-Ch 27 in Tallahassee, Fla. as crime reporter and fill-in anchor
- WPBF-CH 25 in West Palm Beach, Fla. as the Treasure Coast news reporter
- Central Florida Realty Investors Association: A not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting ethical real estate investing. CFRI provides more than 20 networking and educational opportunities monthly and is the oldest and largest real estate investing association in Florida. CFRI also received the prestigious 2004, 2007 and 2009 Honoring Excellence Award, which is the highest honor bestowed on any REIA in the nation. In 2008, CFRI was awarded the National REIA Award for Membership and Communications. That year, Edmond served as Secretary on the group’s Board of Directors and was the chairperson of the nominations committee. From 2009-10, she served as the group’s Membership Director. She also hosted and led the first Business Membership Conference, which paved the way for the association to double its income stream and expand the services it provides members. Edmond also represented CFRI at the National Real Estate Investors Association’s mid-year conference, where the group captured the NaREIA Overall Excellence award. The award is the highest honor bestowed upon any association in the country. In 2012, she was the Vice President at CFRI and served as President in 2013 & 2014.
“This was our first time doing a joint venture deal with Sandra. She did a great job; the transaction was impressively smooth and fast. My wife and I had fun on this property, which was our first tax deed property. We both have full-time jobs, so having an accomplished professional like Sandra take the lead and guide us through the transaction was invaluable. I hope that she will work with us again. She was so good, that we’ve decided not to recommend her to our friends, because we’d rather have her all to ourselves so we can do more deals like this. We are ready to do the next one whenever you are Sandra; we’d like to JV with you again. Please let me know when another opportunity opens up”
You can contact Sandra at SEdmond@BuyingTaxDeeds.com